As in previous years, Valve invites players to participate in the Steam Awards 2021 on the occasion of the Winter Sale . Each user registered on the platform has the opportunity to vote for the titles competing for prizes in 10 different categories. The game is played by productions released on Steam in the last 12 months. Votes can be cast on a dedicated store subpage or from the customer’s level. The typing will last until January 3, 6 PM, and the results will be published an hour later. As a reward, players will receive a Winter Sale collector card for each vote they cast.
In the extension of the post, you will find all categories along with a list of nominated titles from which you can choose the best PC games of 2021 on Valve’s platform.
Steam Awards 2021 – Game of the Year
The titles selected for the Game of the Year 2021 award may come as a surprise, but it is worth remembering that the choice was made by the players themselves. On the occasion of the autumn sale, Steam users were given the opportunity to nominate their favorite productions for each of the 10 plebiscite categories. The games that won the most votes went to the finals and we can now choose the best ones from among them. Let’s take a closer look at the five titles fighting for the most valuable trophy.
Created by the small Iron Gate Studio, Valheim is an online survival made of flesh and blood. The action of the game takes place in a world inspired by Norse mythology. The players take on the role of bearded Scandinavian warriors who find themselves in a dangerous land and must survive in it long enough to be honored with hitting Valhalla.
Amazon’s MMORPG evokes mixed emotions, but as you can see, the group of its fans is huge. Otherwise, the title would not beat many other highly rated productions in the fight for the Steam Awards voting finals . The intriguing and interesting world certainly had a great influence on the choice. The land of Aeternum was modeled on the 17th-century colonies in America. The whole thing was enriched with a pinch of magic and … this is how the hit was created, which at its peak gathered over 900,000. people simultaneously in front of the screens.
Cyberpunk 2077 was released a year earlier, but due to the December premiere, it did not take part in the previous poll, so we can vote for it now. The latest production of CD Projekt RED does not need to be introduced to anyone. Some love her, others hate it. Will CP 2077 win Steam Awards 2021 Game of the Year Award? We’ll see!
Resident Evil: Village
Resident Evil 8: Village has won multiple awards this year, including Game of the Year 2021 at the Golden Joystick Awards . At The Game Awards 2021, Capcom’s survival horror had to give way to the great co-op game It Takes Two. Now, however, another chance has come. Valve’s acclaimed RE8: Village continues the story of Ethan and his wife that began in Resident Evil 7 by reapplying the immersion-enhancing view of the hero’s eyes.
Forza Horizon 5
Mexico was chosen as the site of the action of the fifth installment of Forza Horizon. Some smiled at the thought that we finally got right-hand traffic, others groaned in disappointment that they didn’t get the Japan they were waiting for. However, you cannot say a bad word about the new location. Mountains, deserts, sea, jungle, and here and there you can find monuments and pyramids hidden among trees. If only in winter there was a bit more snow… 😉
Other categories of Steam Awards 2021
- VR Game of the Year: Blair Witch VR, Cooking Simulator VR, I Expect You To Die 2, Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, Sniper Elite VR
- The Fruit of Love: Apex Legends, Dota 2, No Man’s Sky, Rust, Terraria
- Better together: Back 4 Blood, Crab Game, Halo Infinite, It Takes Two Valheim
- Outstanding Visual Style: Bright Memory: Infinite, Forza Horizon 5, Little Nightmares II, Psychonauts 2, Subnautica: Below Zero
- Most innovative gameplay: Deathloop, Loop Hero, Inscryption, Moncage, Twelve Minutes
- Best Game You Suck In: Age of Empires IV, Battlefield 2042, Naraka: Bladepoint, Nioh 2, World War Z: Aftermath
- Best Soundtrack: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Guilty Gear -Strive-, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, NieR Replicant, Persona 5 Strikers,
- A game with a great storyline: Cyberpunk 2077, Days Gone, Life is Strange: True Colors, Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, Resident Evil Village
- Sit back and relax: Dorfromantik, Farming Simulator 22, Potion Craft: Alchemist Simulator, Townscaper, Unpacking,
Show off your tips for the best PC games of 2021? Do you agree with the community’s initial choice or do you think the Game of the Year title should go to another production? Shops:
Some of the links in our articles are affiliate links. By clicking on them, you do not incur any costs, and at the same time support the work of the editorial office.
New Format Limited
Two Souls and Yin Yang